meat thermometer in wiggler????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by daisychick, Mar 28, 2009.

1. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Can you use a digital meat thermometer with the probe to put in the water wiggler. I can not find a regular thermometer with a probe any where. I was wondering if anyone uses meat thermometers???

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I am not shure . I sapose you could try it.[​IMG]

I got a reptile therm from petco for about 8 bucks they can be orderd online if you dont have a petstore.

3. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    does the repitle type have the probe that you can put in the wiggler? I have 2 other digital thermometer/hydrometers that I use but was wanting to try the water wiggler out.

4. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Mine is a zoo med digital therm with a display and a long cord with a probe the probe I set ontop of my eggs <dont have a wiggler> and the display is resting beside the bator on the table.
    I put the probe in my armpit to take my temp to judge accuracy:plbb and it seemd darn close [​IMG]
    Good luck

5. Oklahoma Lightning

Oklahoma Lightning Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Twin Oaks
    I saw a post on this. Is it the digital one?
    You can get them at Walmart for 12 bucks.
    I took my grandson big plastic egg. Drill a hole in it then I glue it closed with hot glue. Take a syringe and filled it with hair gel and put the probe in the egg. It sames to be workingh for me but I am still at the setting up stage.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by