Medical grade "super glue" for wound closure - any success stories?

I used household when my dumb Standard Poodle licked his dissolvable stitches out after he was neutered. It worked like a charm once I got him an Elizabethian collar and antibiotics.
lol.png

Quote:
To numb it hold ice on it . Alum powder is good to help close up certain cuts , if it requires stitching , super glue and the Dermabond will do fine . Doe may not like the cold ice on the area but it will sure numb it . After you numb the area quickly dry and apply the glue . Best wishes and a speedy healing ! Alum with help stop the bleeding so will styptic powder . Alum won't burn like the styptic powder will . I have used all on myself and critters . Cattle or horse ranchers use alum on barbed wire tears on their animals .

Last edited:
I layed all four of my fingers open on a chainsaw blade(it was turned off) and I used regular super glue on myself and it worked fine. And Im pretty sure that most of it is Non Toxic believe it or not.

Chickens do not have as many nerve receptors as we do and do not register pain to the same degree. I feel that more stress induced harm would be done to the bird trying to "numb" the area to be treated. It will be less stressful to the bird to just quickly treat with the planned procedure. Afterwards I would fortify its drinking water with something like Poultry Drench. Stress could do more harm to the bird than the original injury.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the helpful advice. Doe is doing good, but with the heat and humidity right now I'm trying to be very diligent with her wound care.

We use household super glue around here. Our vet didn't seem to care if we used household or medical-grade...her response is that it is pretty much the same thing for what we need. We've used on DH, a dog and a number of our chickens.

Back
Top Bottom