Medicated feed for Adult Chickens (1.5 yrs) (Corrected)

Moricha

Chirping
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Hello!

I had been feeding my girls Purina Medicated Pellet feed for the past year and medicated crumbles for chicks when they were little.
I recently noticed they hadn't been eating the Purina pellets at all, and they would eat anything rather than their feed.
I switched to a small bag of Dumor Organics crumbles, and they LOVE IT. They down it much quicker.

I'm happy they like it, but I'm worried and would like to put them on a medicated feed again, but I want them to eat it!
I did some reading and found other people had gotten "off" bags of Purina, and now I'm worried I got a bad batch before, and I am hesitant to use Purina again.

Do you have any recommended brands for medicated feed?
What are your experiences with plain ol' organic feed? Do you find it makes a difference in your flock?
Should I give a different bag of Purina a go?

Just want my ladies to eat and be both happy AND healthy :D Any suggestions welcome.

UPDATE: Realized the feed I was using was not medicated!
Question still stands, what's your feed go to, and do you see a difference in organic and non-organic? :)

Last edited:
I feed my pullets Purina flock raiser and supplement with oyster shell in another container. Mine tend to prefer crumbles over pellets for whatever reason so I leave them on it. I go with an all flock feed so when adding new chicks to the coop in spring, I don’t have to worry about the littles getting into layer feed.

There are lots of good options of quality feed. I think the most important thing is to look at the mill date on the bag and feed them something fresh....

Back
Top Bottom