1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Medicated Feed

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by silkiechick05, Dec 12, 2009.

1. silkiechick05

silkiechick05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    North Texas
    At what age do you change from medicated to regular feed?

2. Luvs chickens

Luvs chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2009
    Massachusettes
    at 8 weeks can switch to growers feed.[​IMG]

3. silkiechick05

Sep 27, 2009
    North Texas
    OH

I am a little bit late then...

LOL

4. dovecanyon

dovecanyon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Niland, CA
    Me too... my girls are 10 weeks on Monday and are still on the medicated starter. Guess I'll be going to the store today. Will it hurt them to have been on it too long?

5. ChookHappy

ChookHappy Dances with Chickens

Oct 12, 2009
    Petaluma, Ca
    Ugh... Mine were 16 weeks before I made the switch... I wonder if that has any influence on the fact that they are 21 weeks and none seem to be close to laying. [​IMG]

6. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Is it starter only or a start and grow formula? Mine ate the Purina medicated Start and Grow untill they were around 16 or 17 weeks of age. Bag says to feed up to 18 weeks of age. Mine started laying around 22 weeks old.

7. silkiechick05

Sep 27, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:Is it starter only or a start and grow formula? Mine ate the Purina medicated Start and Grow untill they were around 16 or 17 weeks of age. Bag says to feed up to 18 weeks of age. Mine started laying around 22 weeks old.

Yeah i use the start and grow also...

I am getting two new chickens soon and would like for them to have the best defense possible

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by