Medication Chart - Dosage

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by WoofMeowCluck, Dec 28, 2010.

1. WoofMeowCluck

WoofMeowCluck Dark Speckled Egg Lover

Mar 9, 2010
    I'm sorry if this question has been asked a million times before. I've been trying to find a chart on BYC for (brand name) Medication(s), the correct dosage (either bantam or LF) and symptoms that would call for the use of the antibiotics and or vitamins. Also, what injectables can also be used in the drinking water. It's very confusing to me and I need very detailed information so as to do no harm to my girl's. Unfortunately, there isn't a vet in this area that will treat chickens.

Is there a Sticky that has this information already? I know there is a detailed chart for chicken treats but thus far I have not been able to find one for medication.

Many, many thanks! [​IMG]

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
  3. WoofMeowCluck

WoofMeowCluck Dark Speckled Egg Lover

Mar 9, 2010
    Thank you! You're right, it's very frustrating! It would be great to have a handy dandy sticky with medications, dosages, their specific uses and descriptions of illness. I found one on deworming but lost it on this huge site! It's taking me a while to learn to navigate BYC!

My Vet doesn't do chickens so I'm really on my own and feel a huge responsibility to not mess things up!

Hopefully others will chime in with a medication or two and we can get a list going.

Thanks again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by