Medication question- sour crop

Jun 20, 2018
A vet prescribed me Famciclovir after she saw my chicken who has sour crop. After my own research I asked a different vet for nystatin. Have only been giving nystatin, on day three without any huge improvement. Can I integrate the famciclovir in at the same time?

Why didn't you just try the first medication?

And why ask ANOTHER vet for a different prescription? Is Nystatin not available over the counter?

Did the other vet see and assess your chicken or just give you meds based on your directions?

How old is your bird? What are you feeding?

Looks like the first med is an anti viral... maybe the vet detected something more that needed to be treated than just an anti fungal. :confused:

Sorry you are having trouble... :fl

The first vet came out to my house and when she observed the chicken she thought she either had a blockage or start of mereks. She gave me the options of what my choices were and I chose medication. Before I went in the next day to pick it up, her crop had obviously went sour. When I went to pick up the mediciation the vet that I had seen of course was not in the office. She didn’t tell me what medication she was going to prescribe so I just asked for nystatin. By the time I started the nystatin the vet got back to me and said she wanted to prescribe me the antibiotic. I’m on day four of the Nystatin. She is 11 weeks and I’m feeding crumbles still.

Back
Top Bottom