1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Medication

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by RawenHill, Jul 11, 2016.

1. RawenHill

RawenHill New Egg

Jul 3, 2016
    Do anyone know If its suitable to treat a chick with both Metronidazol and Itraconazol at the same time?

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Welcome to BYC. What are you treating the chick for? How old is it? Metronidazole is sometimes used with amoxicillin together to treat infections, but I'm not familiar with the other medicine. You may want to check with a vet or to PM Casportpony to check with her about it.

3. RawenHill

RawenHill New Egg

Jul 3, 2016
    I'm treating him for Candida. First he got 5 days Flagyl for Trichomos, he got better at day3 then worse.
    I didnt think he would last this long, If i did i would ran tests om him at start. I took him to the vet emediatly when i saw he was sick. But unfortionatly The vets dont know much about chicks :(

Today (Day 4 om fungitraxx) i can se some improvement.

He also have som fleas and "mite"? Om his feet. Immune system low.
    But when he got Flagyl, The mite disappeard om his feet :) every little thing thats improving makes med so happy.

4. RawenHill

RawenHill New Egg

Jul 3, 2016
    My little darling is doing so much better nog :D bit still, helt needs to gain weight. What is the best i can give him?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by