Medications for Cecal Worms In Poultry

IloveWyandotte's

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2018
I have found some names of medications for cecal worms in poultry, like Levamisole, Ergamisol, Albendazole, Safe Guard, and Pancure. Does anyone know if these medications are proper for laying hens. If so WHERE TO BUY THEM. Or perhaps another medication that can rid these cecal worms.We have laying Wyandotte's, and Sexlinks. We adopted an old non laying Sexlink who was full of Cecal worms, and gave them to the rest of our our flock. Thank you!

I have found some names of medications for cecal worms in poultry, like Levamisole, Ergamisol, Albendazole, Safe Guard, and Pancure. Does anyone know if these medications are proper for laying hens. If so WHERE TO BUY THEM. Or perhaps another medication that can rid these cecal worms.We have laying Wyandotte's, and Sexlinks. We adopted an old non laying Sexlink who was full of Cecal worms, and gave them to the rest of our our flock. Thank you!
Ergamisol is levamisole and panacur is safeguard. You can buy safeguard liquid goat wormer at TSC or just about any feed store and would probably be your best bet.
I've eaten eggs after using safeguard and I'm still here. However if you suspect you or others might be allergic or sensitive to fenbendazole, toss the eggs in the garbage for 14 days.
I suggest that you worm your birds monthly to try and end the worms lifecycle. There are eggs on and in the soil deposited by your sexlink and they will be picked up by your birds for quite a while.

Flubenvet contains the active ingredient flubendazole which is a benzimidazole. It's not fenbendazole. Flubenvet is an excellent wormer with no egg withdrawal period. :)

Huh, I literally copied and pasted from the active ingredients list off a website. No idea which one it was now though. Just Googled "flubenvet active ingredients".

Edit.

Must have copied the wrong thing. Thanks for the correction!

Last edited:
Ergamisol is levamisole and panacur is safeguard. You can buy safeguard liquid goat wormer at TSC or just about any feed store and would probably be your best bet.
I've eaten eggs after using safeguard and I'm still here. However if you suspect you or others might be allergic or sensitive to fenbendazole, toss the eggs in the garbage for 14 days.
I suggest that you worm your birds monthly to try and end the worms lifecycle. There are eggs on and in the soil deposited by your sexlink and they will be picked up by your birds for quite a while.
I found safeguard liquid goat wormer, 125ml, suspension 10% (100mg/ml). Would you know the dosage/amount of water ratio that I should give them? Thank you so much for your info, and time. Very much appreciated!

I found safeguard liquid goat wormer, 125ml, suspension 10% (100mg/ml). Would you know the dosage/amount of water ratio that I should give them? Thank you so much for your info, and time. Very much appreciated!
Dont mix it in water, it settles to the bottom. It also loses effectiveness.
Give 1cc orally to each chicken 3 days in a row, use a syringe without a needle. Worm them first thing in the morning before they eat. That'll take care of the cecal worms and large roundworms, if they have large roundworms.

Do you have any pictures of the worms in the droppings? Just wondering how you know they are cecal worms? Most worms are not easily seen except for roundworms and tapeworms. Dawg53 is a real expert on worms and treatment.

Good point Eggcessive. Unless a fecal was taken to a vet and identified, cecal worms can be confused with tapeworm segments. We've been seeing alot tapeworm problems here in the forum lately.
Here's a pic of tapeworm segments and a pic of cecal worms for comparison:
thUQY3Y642.jpg
cecal worms.jpg

Back
Top Bottom