1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Meds you need on hand

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Grannychick55, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Grannychick55

Grannychick55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2013
    Hi I was wondering if there is certain things that you need to have on hand for sick or injured chickens. And where can you buy them , do you have to go to a vet or is there some place online to buy . Thanks for any info anyone has

2. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    https://www.google.com/search?q=den...US:official&tbm=shop&spd=10980289672185051383
    I love Denagard. It's online..a bit expensive to start with, but it will last for years...if you have a small flock. I treat mine a couple of times a year as a prevenative of upper respiratory. Works great! Haven't had that illness in years.
    Injuries that happen often, is bumble foot. You can look that up to see how it is done, and what you need.

There is a link at the top for the Denagard. :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  3. Grannychick55

Oct 16, 2013
    Thanks I will look it up. So far I have been lucky but I would like to be ready if I need something

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Neosporin oinment without painkiller, PolyVisol without iron vitamins, vet wrap, Corid (amprollium) for coccidiosis, Tylan 50 injectable and syringes with needles, Valbazen broad spectrum wormer, Betadine or Hibiclens for cleansing wounds, BluKote for wounds, Procaine Penicillin G, Nustock cream, Duramycin10/Terramycin/Tylan Powder for respiratory diseases, castor oil or vaseline for leg mites. Most come from farm stores or any store.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. Grannychick55

Oct 16, 2013
    Thanks I will start getting the things on the list.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by