Meet Alicia the duckling

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, May 17, 2010.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    as i'm sure everyone here knows, my BFF is duckyfromoz [​IMG] so i named my duckling after her (sorry for giving your name away my love lol i hope you don't mind)

[​IMG]

her brothers and sisters have left me today [​IMG] i'm sad i will miss 14 little feet running around my brooder and splashing around in water [​IMG] but i still have 2 webbed feet to love [​IMG] she seems to be warming up to me slowly but surely. she's adorable. i don't even know for sure that she is a she but i hope she is lol

2. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    [​IMG]

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Alicia is beautiful. [​IMG]

4. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Ohhh she is so sweet!! I have to get you some pics of mine (raining last 2 days, no outside pics) because her coloring is so like one of my big boys.... Adorable! [​IMG]

5. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    thank you [​IMG] she is sweet. i love her. i hope she is a she hahah it's actually like misting here. my outside ducks will like the sky spinklers if they come on [​IMG] (i stole that from a duck on facebook [​IMG] ) my mom said it sprinkled this morning and the outside ducks loved it.

6. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    [​IMG]
    can you spot the duckling? lol. she's so cute [​IMG]

7. chickboss

Mar 23, 2010
    Oh, that is so cute! Yeah, no kidding about it being a "she", do you have a back up name? LOL. My ducks love the rain! In fact we had a thunder storm last night and it was so funny because the Muscovies would run out in the rain, spread their wings out and wag their tails, and then the thunder would go and they would all run back into their house. Then they would all pop out again a minute or so later and repeat until the next thunder clap sounded off. Too funny! Yep, ducks like the rain, my really expensive camera that I could never afford to replace does not. [​IMG] You'd think they'd make them all water proof by now....

Oh, and with the attention your threads are getting lately you are seriously going to have to hand that title over........[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  8. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Quote:the duck thread killer title?? lol

yeah mine were playing in it. i actually got to watch them cuz it rained lol. i don't have a back up name, because she's a girl! [​IMG] i still don't know for sure lol. my drake was playing peek a boo earlier. he likes it. he's so silly

9. chickboss

Mar 23, 2010
    Okay, okay, [​IMG] Alicia it is!!! And yes, the thread killer title. LOL. Your drake seems like a sweetie!

10. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    lol we'll wait to see if i post about something other than ducklings and get responses [​IMG] ohhhh he is! i just love him [​IMG] we went to vegas the weekend before last and i missed him the most! when i got home, he was standing on the counter (his fav place to be) and he jumped off and stood in front of me wagging his tail. i bent down and give him the longest hug and he didn't even bite me lol. i'm sure he misses falling sleep to his nightly head and beak rubs. i bet quackers doesn't do that for him

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by