Meet Duchess!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Ninjasquirrel, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Ninjasquirrel

Ninjasquirrel Songster

May 11, 2018
    20190612_093951.jpg We are doing a FTA (foster-to-adopt) with her. We want to make sure she's a good fit to our family. They said at the shelter that she is 5 but I have my doubts. Judging by her teeth, loin, eyes and coat I think shes 2 or 3. If we do decide to adopt her I'm going to have the vet tell me her age. She has an appointment regardless to get spayed (its included in the adoption fee). She's testing my patience but I think its just because everything is so new. I really hope shes a good fit because I'd hate to put her back in the system. I think every animal should have a loving forever home.

drumstick diva and BantammChick like this.
  2. BantammChick

BantammChick Crowing

May 8, 2017
    awwww!!! :love

drumstick diva likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    she has beautiful eyes, is she part border collie?

4. Ninjasquirrel

Ninjasquirrel Songster

May 11, 2018
    Border collie and australian shepard. Shes starting to show some of her true colors which is concerning. My sister brought over her dog today and she tried to bite him. Im hoping she just "not good with other dogs" and better with everything else. Shes great with people but shes testing us to see what she can get away with

5. Ninjasquirrel

Ninjasquirrel Songster

May 11, 2018
    Good news today! Introduced the cat and Duchess again. No barking or growling. She was shaking though but she knew she'd get in trouble so she did do anything. Cat sat calmly in my lap but she was shaking and meowing. She hissed only once. Its gradual but good behavior means more freedom. Shes still not allowed off the leash. I need to trust she wont chase her. When cat ran off she stood up but I told her to sit and she layed right down. Shes trying very hard to be good

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: