Meet Henrietta!

SpinningJenny

Chirping
Apr 6, 2016
Henrietta came to us after being hatched by an elementary class, adopted by some well-meaning hippy types, then passed to a friend. Her flock was decimated by a fox, and she was the only one left. She came to us alone, lovely and a little nervous, but has become such a sweet little girl! She loves me,tolerates my toddler, and terrorizes our tiny terrier. Here she is just making sure my phone and fingertips aren't hiding anything tasty. :) Any ideas about her breed would be nice! We got her with zero info. We think she is about 3 yrs old.

Last edited:
OH MY GOODNESS!!! We have a hen that looks very similar (also!) named Henrietta! Sadly, we don't know what breed our Henrietta is either!

Oh how interesting! Imagine Henrietta is not an unusual name for a chicken, but to have another that looks very similar makes it uncanny! Post a picture!

I have a hen that looks like that too! Her name is midnight I believe she is a speckled sussex

I don't think she's a Speckled Sussex. She doesn't have any white speckles. She looks closest to a Black Sex Link (what a name!), but not quite. Maybe she's a cross breed of a Speckled Sussex and a Black Sex Link. She does have white flight feathers!

I'm glad Henrietta has found a good home with you! I agree, she isn't 100% SS but very well could be a mix. Thanks for sharing her pictures!

Thanks! She's going to get some sisters soon too, so she won't be a lonely fowl for long. :) I'll brag about them in a post when they hatch!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom