Meet Kishi, Mariko and Bismark!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Crazyland, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Crazyland

Crazyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    My son and I took a little trip this morning to meet a fellow BYCer.

And we brought home 2 quail and a silkie!

So our journey begins. [​IMG]

I named the quail Kishi and Mariko.

The silkie is Bismark. It just came to me and I have no idea where the name came from! lol

Their little peeps are so adorable. [​IMG]

Anyways.. some horrible pictures I took from the laptop.

Rex watching...
    [​IMG]

The set-up till they are older.
    [​IMG]

Bismark.
    [​IMG]

Kishi and her sister Mariko.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. They are really cute!!!

Where is the person located and what do they sell?

Thanks!

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Great quail names [​IMG]

One of mine is named Keiko. It just makes sense you give them names with an eastern flair...especially if they are coturnix (aka japanese) quail [​IMG]

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Ohhhhh...that silky chick is adorable!!! [​IMG] Your pooch sure seems to like them... [​IMG]

5. Crazyland

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    I got them from Greenfamilyfarms. You can search for her, she is in SE NC. She is really nice. [​IMG] Can't say enough Thank yous to her.

I know about the names... lol Had to go with Japanese names! Although I couldn't give them names of people I already know. It was fun to search for names and hard to choose!

6. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    Your silkie is adorable!!! I've only seen quail in the wild, but they are one of my favorite species of birds. When I was young I remember seeing a mother Bobwhite quail running across the lane to our farm house, closely followed by a line of 10 or so teeny, tiny perfect copies of herself!! They were precious!!! Also love the Gambel's quail with the "bobbers" on their head and Montezuma quail who look like little clowns! You will have great fun with your new birds, I'm sure. Give the silkie a hug for me!! Thanks for posting the photos!

7. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    Make sure you tell Rex, "These peeps are MINE. They are NOT yours."

8. Crazyland

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    Rex and his brother are doing fine with them. I have not introduced my girls to them yet. More worried about them! lol

9. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Hey, those little fellers look familiar. [​IMG] I'm glad they are doing well. That little silkie is a trip! And Bismark fits HER (we're hoping) very well. She likes to talk, but I'm sure you figured that out already.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by