Meet "Little Bill"

Discussion in 'Quail' started by silentrunning, Jun 21, 2009.

1. silentrunning

silentrunning Songster

Jan 18, 2009
    Venice, Florida
    The small quail in these pictures is "Little Bill". He was hatched along with 11 others on the same day as the big one. He just quit growing after about 4 days. The others are feathering out nicely but Bill looks just exactly like he did 2 weeks ago. He eats just like the rest of them and drinks as much. He has no pasty butt and we took him out to see if he was going ok. He is. The others have all been taken out of the brooder, but Bill still needs the heat so we put him back in with one of the others to keep him company. This is no joke and I'm not trying to fool anybody. We just have a very small quail!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
  3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    is little bill a pharaoh and the other's jumbo's?

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

he's so tiny and sweet!

5. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
  6. silentrunning

silentrunning Songster

Jan 18, 2009
    Venice, Florida
    Quote:Boyd, All 11 came from the same rooster and two hens that I have seperated. They are smaller birds than the other "families" I have, but they are very productive egg wise. The other 10 are the same size as the larger one and well feathered.

Doug

7. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    You can tell you aren't joking the skull shape is even slighly abnormal looking. Im glad you are keeping it around it's just your special lil cutie! [​IMG]

8. silentrunning

silentrunning Songster

Jan 18, 2009
    Venice, Florida
    Quote:Yeah, We'll keep Bill around in the house and away from other birds if he lives. I wouldn't want want to breed a defective bird.

Doug

9. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Songster

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I hatched one like that in my first ever attempt at coturnix eggs - (eggs i got off ebay ) my little chick did everything the others did - ate drank pooped LOL

after a while my tiny little chick must have hit a growth spurt - because he grew almost twice his own size in no time - he was still slightly smaller than the rest but he got feathers finally and started to crow

I sent him to live at the zoo along with a handful of other coturnix - you have to really look hard to find him mixed in with the others now

10. ya chick ya

ya chick ya In the Brooder

Jun 19, 2009
    somewhere.. \-_-/
    may B hes just a bantam qual [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: