1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Meet Little Sukie ................ Sophie Puffs 1/2 sister

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenzoo, Dec 26, 2009.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

Just thought I'd show off Sophie's 1/2 sister Sukie. She is still molting but coming in nicely............ so sweet too.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

3. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Hubby is drooling over here!!

4. suburbanchx

suburbanchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2009
    Quote:Why did you do a frown??[​IMG]

5. biddyboo

biddyboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Ashland, Missouri
    What have you done to have "sweet" Silkies? Granted, I just brought my five home within the past month from another owner who raises and shows them. But they act as if I'm the Great Executioner everytime I enter their pen, bring treats, or check for eggs. They rampage off in every direction, hollering for bloody murder. If I should happen to dare to pick one up for a cuddle, that one struggles and squawks and gives me the evilest eye imaginable. How will I EVER gentle down these fluffy ill-tempered darlings? ~G

6. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    Oh my.......she is cute! Wish you lived closer. LOL. So, when does she get to be fully clothed and decked out in princess wear? or does she already, you just didn't want to postthe pic? lol. thanks for sharing. keep 'em coming! [​IMG]

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:Why did you do a frown??[​IMG]

LOL, I had it posted for a day or two and no one looked at her......

As far as having nice Silkies, I've always give them lots of attention and try to handle them often. I also feed them all types of goodies. : )

8. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    She's beautiful!!

But she's NAKED!!

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:LOL she is in training................... I'll try an outfit later, he he

10. suburbanchx

suburbanchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2009
    I would like to know how you train them! [​IMG] I have tried to put a diaper on mine........ all they did was try to shake it off. [​IMG] The only successful thing with chicken wearables I got to was a harness for my white silkie, Snow White, when she was a tiny pullet. It took a couple minutes for her to get used to it, though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by