1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Meet Lizzie, newest member of our family!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Oct 20, 2008.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    This is Lizzie, we got her at the feed store today. Someone had a bunch of pups and they dropped them off there hoping they would be adopted. You know I lost my Great Pyrenees JoJo last December, and I really wanted another but it didn't work out for me. Most rescues felt I had to too many animals and wouldn't give another Pyrenees the proper attention. I almost adopted a Dalmation on Saturday, but it was older than I wanted to raise with the chickens and ducks. Lizzie is very lovable and she got her name by answering to it. Steven sat in the back of the truck with her and we were tossing around names, as soon as we said Lizzie she looked up and barked. So she chose her own name!
    She's a mutt, the lady dropping them off said her mom was a red-healer mix, but who knows and who cares? We love her!
    She was having her first meal at home and Splash Down the roo was coming to investigate. She wanted to fight for her food but wasn't sure about the huge monster looking at her!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    She is very sweet. Good luck with her, can't wait till Buster sees her, being that she is part heeler.

3. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Cute puppy, and a very handsome Rooster!! Sometimes I wish I could have a rooster in the city. They are really quite pretty!!

4. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I've had both Blue and Red heelers,, I don't see much in her. She's sweet, in a pen right now in the middle of everyone so she can see them but not bother them. The trick is to get the birds to leave her alone! Nugget is really curious about her.

5. blessedchickenmama7

blessedchickenmama7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Western NC
    She's cute as can be!

6. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Very cute!!!

7. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Adorable pup! Seems like everyone is getting a pup... I might have puppy envy over here... LOL [​IMG]

8. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you all. I really was looking for an Australian, Heeler, or Catahoula, but she picked us and it was meant to be!

9. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    She is a doll!!! Is it just me or does she look like she has some pit bull? Congrats on the new baby. [​IMG]

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    With all the Staffords we have running around here she could very well have some in her. Makes her an even better doggie!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by