meet Miracle aka Forrest Gump

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sheila3935, Jan 9, 2011.

1. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    This is a story about my new hatched bantam cochin ( thank you Betsy). She was a shipped egg. She shouldnt have hatch as her air cell was pretty messed up. She hatched Friday. She was very weak couldnt stand or walk. We thought she was splay leg only the legs went straight out in front of her instead of to the side. She didnt move much kind of wobble around a little on her belly but mostly slept. Finally last night we made the decision that if she made it through the night we would cull her today. This morning I went in to check on her and there she was, running jumping around playing with her hatchmates. The only thing I could say was miracle so that is her name. DD wants to call her Forrest Gump but I said no if you name her that she will end up being a boy [​IMG] So here she is tohight in all her glory
    [​IMG]

2. can't get enough chicken

can't get enough chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2010
    THAT IS SOOOOO CUTE!!!! I love that story and congratulations on your healthy, adorable, living little chick [​IMG] !

3. Chickenkate17

Chickenkate17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    California
    Yay! I'm so happy Miracle made it! [​IMG]

4. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    What a little Miracle she is!! [​IMG] There should be laws to protect us from all this cuteness....[​IMG]

5. pawprint2104

pawprint2104 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2010
    SF Bay Area
    Congrats on your new Miracle arrival. [​IMG] I love these happy stories. I need them more often than I admit.

6. DMSrabbit

DMSrabbit Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Im hoping to have a "miracle" situation here at my house as well. I have 2 of them im waiting till the morning to see where they are.. I hope they make it!!

7. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    She looks great!!! I'm so glad she is doing so well!! She is adorable! [​IMG]

8. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Hooray for Miracle!!!!!!!!!!! So happy to hear the little "GAL" made it! That's really great! [​IMG]

9. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Quote:Im keeping my fingers crossed for you. [​IMG] hoping they make it too.

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I love those tiny feathered legs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by