Meet Mocha! And the rest of the hatch :D (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Birdcrazy, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Sorry for the not so good pics!! They would just not sit still, and I didn't have the best camera lol (phone)
    These guys hatched three days ago (pics from then onwards) and are lil runners, my first ever! 15 all up, 11 yellows and 4 brown/yellows and I've kept one (Mocha, as you would of guessed - so excited to have a duck that will not be just white!!) a family friend has taken all other 14 at her beautiful green farm to eat all the snails, they'll be loved there. Sorry if I bore you guys with all the pics!! (slightly excited) [​IMG]
    Never had runners before so any information would be appreciated! [​IMG]
    Also a little unsure to what they will turn out like when older - received the eggs from a lady in town who had lots of runner ducks and said 'brown and white'

One of the yellow babies
    [​IMG]
    Newly hatched Mocha
    [​IMG]
    Mocha interested in the camera
    [​IMG]
    Most of the hatch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My attempt at some photos of Mocha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mocha falling asleep
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    what are you talking about? The pictures are awesome!!!! [​IMG] gorgeous hatch!!! [​IMG]

3. Birdcrazy

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Haha thanks sonew!! So very excited about the ducks!! [​IMG]

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    They are just too adorable...how could you only keep just one. It must have been hard to choose which with so many little cuties.

5. Birdcrazy

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Thankyou! [​IMG] and I know, trust me it was hard. Was only allowed to keep one [​IMG]
    But luvin my lil runner duck I have now!

6. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

YOU ONLY KEPT 1 !!!!!!! Did you not keep him a play mate. I would love a white runner, I havent fround anyone round here that has any at all. And as for the photos...the more the merrier. They are Beautiful. Congratulations [​IMG]

7. Birdcrazy

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    I have other ducks, was just only allowed to keep one runner - and too bad you don't live closer!! I would of loved giving some to BYCers! I'm still wondering how my friend is planning to manage with 14 ducks and kids. Although she does have a huge property.
    And thanks! [​IMG]

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I love baby ducks! I love the way they nibble on your arm!

9. DuckyMom

DuckyMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Oh goodness! Be ready for your new addiction! I love my runners! they are so happy and friendly, they are always doing something silly! Just the other day my feamale runner Frances (fawn/blue) came trotting up to me with a leaf around her kneck like a necklace. Im not so sure how she managed that but boy was she proud of her self! Mocha looks like a beautiful little baby! Congrats! [​IMG]

10. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    [​IMG]

Wow, it looks like mocha adores the camera already.
    "oh, what's that? ahhhh, i see, well take all the photos you want, this is my best side!"
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by