Meet My 3 New Roosters! *Pics*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I picked up 3 beautiful rooster from a local BYC'er ( 8ROYALS ) yesterday evening. I got two Cochin Bantam Roosters and 1 Standard EE Roo. They're just beautiful and I thought you Peeps might like to see some pictures! [​IMG]

This is Black Beard - when my mom was taking his picture my mom said "He has a black beard doesn't he?" I said "black beard - BLACK BEARD that's it!! We'll name him Black Beard!" [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Silver Laced Cochin Bantam Roo. Name Suggestions Welcome! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cochin Bantam Mix. Name Suggestions Welcome as well. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is my 1588 Genesis Hova-Bator. The 3 Button eggs that are on the far side in the turners are due on Friday ( 14th ). The 12 Button eggs in the quail carton are due Tuesday & Wednesday. The Green and White chicken eggs are due on Monday. The other 9 eggs ( all the ones on the 2nd chicken rack and the 2 on the front egg rack at the back ) are from 8ROYAL's flock. I'm really excited to see what hatches! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I already have my brooder made up for my buttons - can you tell I'm getting egg - cited and nervous? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My 6 Lavender Guineas and their mom Sophie. They were hatched last Summer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^ I have more pictures but PhotoBucket didn't upload them for some reason.

Buddy & Bella - my pet buttons that live in my room. They are spoiled to the T!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed these pictures, because I enjoyed showing you! [​IMG] Fill Free to post a comment - if you have any name ideas for the two Cochin Roo's then please fill free to post your idea/thought etc. [​IMG]

~God Bless~

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  2. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    The roos are gorgeous. For the SLW/Cochin roo, the name Sliver Dollar was the 1st thing that popped in my head, but then I thought about it and he ought to be named Las Vegas-he is so showy! The way you have the wing feathers spread out on the 3rd roo reminds me of a Zebra, so I would name him Zebra.

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Thank you! [​IMG]
    Haha! Zebra is cute! On the Cochin Thread some mentioned the 3rd boy has brown...Brown Zebra? [​IMG]

4. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    Very, very nice birds and great photography! The button quail look quite smug.....they get to live in your room! What a deal!

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Thank you. [​IMG]
    Yes..they're quiet spoiled. I run a small heater in my room just for them! [​IMG] You could say they're spoiled.... [​IMG]
    The heater helps to keep my 'bator at a stable 'temp as well so ...

6. can't get enough chicken

can't get enough chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2010
    Those luck birds [​IMG]

7. theron

theron Theron's Fowl Farm

Nov 15, 2009
    Midland, MI
    I really like black beard. [​IMG]

I have a big craving for bearded chickens. [​IMG]

8. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    now while the chickens and bbuttons are nice, im very partial to the guineas, any guinea really, i love guineas, that chicken must got it made, dont think anyone will mess with her with a big ol' guinea posse surrounding her.

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    can't get enough chicken: Thanks - [​IMG]

theron: Oh, so do I!

lcw1995: Haha - you're correct! [​IMG] Those are only 6 of my 11 guineas. The guineas are all super mean to my chickens. Sophie has gotten some agressive behavior from her kids....

I have 9 eggs in the 'bator and they are: Cochin, Silkie, and Sebright eggs. The roosters are the three shown above. Can't wait to see what the babies look like! [​IMG]

10. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    your roo's are gorgeous

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by