Meet my barn/coop security!! He's all grown up.........

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by DixieChickie, Jul 12, 2011.

1. DixieChickie

DixieChickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    VA
    This is Speckles...he was sold to me as an Ameraucana, as a young chick. When I posted here with 4 day old baby pics I was told he was an Easter Egger....I have no idea but I think he's turned out handsome, I love his color but have no idea what to call it. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

There's no real name for his coloring since it's not an exact pattern, which is pretty common for Easter Eggers. He's very handsome, though!

ETA: It's almost a silver duckwing-ish looking coloration with some red thrown in, but whatever, he's quite good looking. Hope he's a very good natured boy for you.

3. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Very nice EE! [​IMG]

4. DixieChickie

DixieChickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    VA
    Thank you...I think he's quite handsome. He fluffs up and starts to charge when he hears something approaching the barn/coop, but stops as soon as he sees that it's one of us. He quickly defluffs and bawks at us, and follows us back inside.

He has a little cream and tan colored girlfriend (Chloe) and I'm hoping my RedStars will accept him soon, so I can hach out some chickies. I also have 3 three month old White Leghorns that I want to hatch out a few eggs from, will that give me light green or light blue eggs from those chicks (depending what color egg gene he carries)? I'm guessing the chicks from my redstars will maybe be olive eggers? I'm just aiming for more egg layers, I don't sell..but I do give some to neighbors and family.

5. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Love his dark black beard with those long golden/silver feathers framing his face.

6. 2overeasy000

2overeasy000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2010
    Yes, very cool looking.

7. StevieNacole

StevieNacole Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    Guthrie, Oklahoma
    Nice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by