Meet my Easter Egger flock

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hinkjc, Jan 26, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I was out taking pictures on a cloudy day here today. I thought it was time to get some new ones of my EEs before the snow comes again. Enjoy!

Oreo - my good boy rooster who takes care of the ladies. He was white with black polka dots as a baby chick

[​IMG]

Slate - she doesn't care for her picture taken much. She was also much bluer before her moult, thus her name.

[​IMG]

Cocoa - she was a chocolate brown baby chick and is our smallest hen

[​IMG]

Whitney - my white ameraucana girl..she is still a bit skittish, but settling into the flock well.

[​IMG]

Amelia - my black ameraucana hen...she is a very curious bird...always wants to know what's going on. Amelia is a very determined broody.

[​IMG]

Cheyenne (white head) and Sassy (brown girl) - Cheyenne is another nice sized lady that leads the flock. Sassy goes broody once a year.

[​IMG]

Gizmo - she looks mean in her pic, but she is a sweet girl...probably the most tom-boyish tho and a flock leader.

[​IMG]

Raven - she was named after her dark black head, which doesn't match the rest of her body. lol She is a naughty one that likes to antagonize the wild turkeys and always last to bed.

[​IMG]

Cinnamon - my most friendly EE hen is on the left by Slate. She loves my dd and always wants to be picked up and cuddled.

[​IMG]

Oreo mating a hen..what a naughty boy doing that right in front of mama..

[​IMG]

The hens lined up..

[​IMG]

Jody

2. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    oreo is a good lookin roo

3. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    [​IMG]

4. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    [​IMG]

you caught Oreo in the middle of his action there, looks so funny, do your girls sound like they're being axe murdered when he does his thing?

5. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    they look so happy

6. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    They are beautiful! They're next on my list of wants!! Now show us those Buff Silkies!
    Sylvia

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  7. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    Cool birds! I hope to get one or two EE's when i get mine
    [​IMG]

8. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    beautiful flock! Some day, some day, I'm going to live where I can have a gorgeous roo like that![​IMG]

9. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    I have an Oreo looking roo...Mines not quite as handsome! I also have a white hen!

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They are so colorful. I adore Slate's color, Jody. Hmm, maybe one day I'll just get some EEs from you to hatch, you never know. Oreo is quite the looker, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by