Meet my flock (pretty heavy on the pics)

CoffeeCow

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Washington, NC
Just wanted to share some pics of my little flock.

This is Bling, she is my "Special needs" EE. I'm not sure how she got cross beaked like that.. she didn't have it until she was about 2 months old.
But she eats everything that the others do, and as you can tell, she eats a lot
smile.png
she is very friendly, one of my favorites.
55864_bling01.jpg

This is Bugzy, my BO. She was lightning fast when she was a chick, and would gobble up any bug that dared enter the brooder.
55864_bugzy02.jpg

This pretty little EE is named Moulan... because my wife said she wore too much eye makeup. and it looked like she had on a masquerade ball mask
55864_moulan03.jpg

This is Scruffy. She recently (10/30) laid our very first egg!! this little EE lays Green eggs.
55864_scruffy02.jpg

Time for our cockrel. This is Spazz, another EE
55864_spazz01.jpg

This EE is aptly named Speedy... took me 45 minutes to get a pic of her that wasn't just a motion blurr...
She lays Blue eggs
smile.png

55864_speedy02.jpg

This EE is named Strange White Chick. We weren't sure what breed she was when she was a chick, because she was as white as snow.
55864_swc01.jpg

Time for our Delawares, they are kinda hard to tell apart, but if you look closely, Thing 1 has more black on her tail feathers
smile.png

55864_thing101.jpg

and here is Thing 2.
55864_thing201.jpg

Thats my little flock. hope you have as much fun looking at them as I did taking the pics today hehe

Well, Bling and I refer to be called "big girls" not big eaters!
Love that flock.
Thing 1 and Thing 2 are obviously different!
LOL
Spazz is a great name for a handsome bird.
Thank you for sharing.

Beth

And how would I go about trimming her beak?

I would love for her to be more comfortable, but I have no clue how to do such a thing.

Quote:
I use normal people toe nails clippers with my birds. Just slowly shape the beak to what a normal one would look like. You can normally see the quick, so you don't cut into it. If you go slow and only take a very small amount at a time you can avoid the quick and there will be no bleeding. No different then cutting your own fingernail. It may take awhile the first few times, but once you know how to do it you can do it quickly. Actually, once it is in a better shape the hen may be able to keep it worked down on her own.

I hope that helps.

Matt

thanks for the info matt.
I had another person tell me they used the ped-i-paws trimmer thing. but i think your way would stress the chicken out a little less.

Back
Top Bottom