Meet my four ducks!

Jessica89

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 9, 2014
North Wales
Hey guys,
I am new to this forum and wanted to share photo's of my four ducks.
I have two Cayuga's named Roy and Sybil and two Saxonies named Hattie and Percy.

They are 20 weeks old and should be laying eggs soon! Do you know if ducks still lay eggs in the autumn/winter months?
Thanks
Jessica

Beautiful ducks!!! I have two Cayugas as well. They are such personable ducks, I love them! The youngest still loves to sit on my lap.

I love the cayuga's! I find they are more affectionate than the Saxony duck. The Saxonies are quiet and keep their distance.

Is it ok to have two drakes and two ducks? I heard you should have a 1-3 drake to duck ratio but I havn't had a problem so far.
They tend to stick to pairs.. I let them all out in the day and then lock the Cayuga's in one coop and the Saxonies in the other.
I am worried they will gang up on Sybil as she is a lot smaller than the other female.

Also (Sorry about all the questions)
I am feeding my ducks on layers pellets at the moment.. but is it ok for the drakes to eat it too?
I don't want too much protein to cause angel wing. :(

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

So glad you joined us. Looks like no answers on your duck questions. Why not post those on the ducks forum and bet you get some good answers from folks who have ducks.

Back
Top Bottom