Meet my girls!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Dancing Bee, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Dancing Bee

Dancing Bee Chirping

Jan 20, 2018
    Washoe Valley, NV
    Had a hard start with my chicks- 4 came in the mail, only 1 still alive. We call her Lucky! But we got 3 more that same day to keep her company from a local feed store (Cal Ranch) and they've all done well since that fateful day. Now the our mail order baby is 15 weeks old and the others a bit older. No illnesses or problems, except for Lucky digging out to go visit the neighbor's horse! Thankfully, she didn't get stepped on and did go home on her own.

We're having lots of fun and I just wanted to share our girls with you. Left to right, Merry, Stevie (Nicks), Ruthie, and Lucky. And many, many thanks to all Backyard Chickens members, as I've learned so much lurking around here! 20180719_094815.jpg

2. Chicken Whisperers

Chicken Whisperers Songster

Jun 29, 2018
    Meridian Idaho
    awwe i love Merry! she looks exactly like a hen i used to own. She passed a few years ago, though. what breed is she? I never really knew what breed Bobbi was. i think she was an Ameraucana-Blue laced red Wyandotte. do you know?

Dancing Bee likes this.
  3. Dancing Bee

Dancing Bee Chirping

Jan 20, 2018
    Washoe Valley, NV
    Chicken Whisperers- I'm so sorry you lost your chicken! I love Merry, too, and she's the friendliest of the bunch. I don't know what breed she is. She was labelled "Americauna" at Cal Ranch, but frankly I doubt it. She has a tail, she was only a few dollars. I think she's a Easter Egger of some sort...

Bottom line, though, she's a doll whatever I call her!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: