Meet my Gold Laced Orp Babies

deek

Songster
7 Years
Apr 6, 2012
South Georgia
I picked up the chicks Tues morning. They are two days old in the pictures below. They have been plump, energetic, curious, and oh so hungry. I hope you enjoy the pictures. The color is awful due to the red heat lamp.

This one was 1 gram smaller than the rest. However, the first to eat always and always last man at the food bar.

This picture says it all.

Last edited:
they are adorable!!

Thank you! Tomorrow I will relax and enjoy them
wink.png

Aww! I love their little fluff butts! I can't believe how quickly they grow - mine are only 3.5 weeks old, and them as fluffs seems so long ago!

Aww! I love their little fluff butts! I can't believe how quickly they grow - mine are only 3.5 weeks old, and them as fluffs seems so long ago!

I agree. In just a couple of weeks they won't look like newborns. Planning on taking pictures daily. All the animals in our family recognize me at first by the sound of my camera
roll.png

Here is an update of my little chicken nuggets @ 2 wks old.

Here's one of the boys. Showing no interest in feathering and concentrating on body building. The boys are chunks. The pictures were taken with them behind a glass. Sorry about the quality.

This is after I asked him if he were a Rooster or Hen!

Blurry, but I caught him acting "studdly" when the other boys are around. He stands really tall with his chest out. "Macho Man" stance.

I'll post pictures of the girls later tonight. Thank you for looking at my babies.

Back
Top Bottom