meet my guard geese. what are they?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by melissa41927, Sep 26, 2011.

1. melissa41927

melissa41927 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    northeast corner al
    meet bonnie and clyde. they are about 8 month old. these are my first geese eggs hatch. i imprinted on me and will attack anybody else. i think the a toulouse. what do yall think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    They look like a Toulouse/ African mix or a brown Chinese mix. [​IMG]

3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    They are beautiful.

4. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:I was going to argue about the mix theory until I noticed the "ruffled" feathers on the neck. typical of geese from the greyleg family, neither the China or the African (Swan geese family) have them. The neck stripe and knob above the bill are Swam geese markers. Going from body shape I would guess African rather than China.~gd

5. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Looks like a cross of Toulouse and African they are so beautiful!!

6. melissa41927

melissa41927 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    northeast corner al
    yesterday, the family was outside. the geese had to be part of it. they started their honking and hissing so i picked the gander up and held him for awhile. he was pretty cool about that. then i picked the goose up. while i was holding her, she tried to bite my daughter in the face. only my loose grasp on bonnie's neck stopped her from being bit. i think bonnie and clyde are going to have to be permanent jail birds if i can't find a way to make peace.

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

There's a whole lotta Toulouse in that pair, but the grey stripe and bill knob is an an indicator of something else, all right.

They are gorgeous geese!

8. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    I have to say I agree with Goosedragon and from their stockier build say Utility Toulouse x African. If they are they'll grow into large impressive geese [​IMG]

9. birdboy508

birdboy508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2011
    east taunton
    toulouse mixed with ebeden.[​IMG]

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I have been biten in the lip by a Emden gander it is not a pretty sight, please be careful with your children around your geese. you will have to work extremely hard to teach them that your children and the rest of your family are part of their flock. They are very beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by