Meet my new baby!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chick_a_dee, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    HORSE that is! ..

Meet Mylie!

My lovely new 15.2hh QH/Friesan (or thereabouts, she definitely has Friesan and QH in her, maybe more) Cross mare today, she's a palomino, 4 years old, has been broke to ride but hasn't been ridden since the winter so will need restarting. She is GORGEOUS, well mannered, picks up her feet, is good for farrier and vet and she's so calm and sweet. Now I just have to call out the farrier/trainer to help fit a saddle I'm looking at. I love this girl to death, she reminds me so much of my old guy Pal in every way.

Now I have to buy her a saddle and bridle!

These are the photos that were on her Kijiji ad, she's actually dappled and does have some dark markings on her legs that, if she had a dark mane and tail and more dark markings, would make her able to be called a buckskin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

x-posted to BYH

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  2. Chick_a_dee

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Aww, no one wants to share in my excitement?

3. slightlyscrambled

slightlyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    Shes beautiful !![​IMG]

4. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    I think she is beautiful!!! [​IMG] I see the beginning of a long loving relationship.

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    What a beauty! Looks pretty calm, too. I wish you both a long and happy friendship!

6. Chick_a_dee

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Quote:She is very calm, there was a little girl at the farm she was at and she was playing all around Mylie's feet, trying to wipe mud off her brand new wellington boots with some hay and Mylie could care less. I talked to her farrier who trained her and apparently on her second week in training he took her on a road ride, a huge snowplow went by and he braced himself ready to be bucked off and she just kept on trotting.

7. henryetta

henryetta Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    san diego, cali
    oh boy do i want to share... I want to HAVE her though!!! She is my ideal horse. I had a little buckskin (short horse) but built like her. You have just got the horse of my dreams.. Im so happy for you,,,,,ok and jealous,,,,,,, and cant wait for more pics!!!

8. Chick_a_dee

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Quote:She is being trailered on Friday so I'll take some photos of her in her new pasture!

9. henryetta

henryetta Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    san diego, cali
    i tell ya, i wouldnt hardly be able to stand the waiting for her.. I dont have horses anymore, but i can *feel* her, and would love to be waiting for her arrival to my pasture. (of which i dont have anymore either [​IMG] ) I am very happy i still get to have chickens, but the smell, feel, warmpth the very essense of horse just fills my senses with happy memories.. You've got yourself a beauty, and im so glad, that even in this small way, i got to share in the joy...

10. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Gorgeous!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by