meet my very first ameraucanas!! :-) (new pics post 43!)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by technodoll, Jan 24, 2010.

1. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    I still can't believe this pair is chilling out in my bathroom right now! [​IMG]

My wonderful breeder has a friend a few cities away (OK many hours of driving, LOL) who has been breeding SQ birds for over 50 years, he went there yesterday to get some pigeons and SLW's for another client, saw these two in a breeding pen and asked to buy them for me... The guy owed my friend a favor so he couldn't really say no, LOL!

They are about 14 months old and I can't wait to take better pictures of them!

They've had a very stressful past two days (removed from the home they'd always known for a long drive to my breeder's place,which is loud as he has many roos, then again another trip today, a good dose of Ivermectin and now the dog crate). I'm sure they need a good, long night's rest.

They'll go in the coop either tomorrow night or Tuesday morning, we're waiting to observe them for a while. They are VERY clean, bright eyes, nice and healthy, good poops - still dewormed them with Ivermectin, which also takes care of any external parasites should they have anything. They do come from an excellent place and were checked so I'm not worried, but still taking precautions. They will be kept separate from the other birds for a couple of months but share the same coop, so everyone gets to know each other.

Here are Solaris and Luna, exhausted and messy-looking LOL! But oh so sweet [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will incubate many of Luna's eggs in the hopes of expanding this gorgeous lineage!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  2. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    Wow, girl! They are sweet!

3. technodoll

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    I had to sell my Nintendo DS-lite to afford these two, LOL!

It was an early birthday present to myself [​IMG]

4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    They are EEs. The roo could possibly be a Wheaten roo. I don't think so though.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wow... those are some gorgeous Easter Eggers.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:to much red bleeding through on the chest to be a Wheaten Ameraucana.

7. technodoll

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    No, they are not EE's.

The roo is a brown-red large fowl, and the hen is a silver mixed with wheaten.

Not SQ, but they come from a proven line.

The parents have been shown and are blue-ribbon birds, they come from a reputable breeder and NOT a hatchery [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  8. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:What colors are the bottom of their feet?

9. technodoll

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    Quote:I don't know, I just got them... I'll look tomorrow [​IMG]

I know the roo has too much red on his chest to be SQ, but the lineage is there.

Wonder what the chicks will look like!

10. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! The male's colors are so bright and vivid. And the hen's feathers look so lacy and delicate...love her patterning.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by