meet my very first ameraucanas!! :-) (new pics post 43!)

Ameraucanas have white on the bottom of their legs and EEs can have any color. I hate to be rude but the hen I think is just an EE. Not a specific color that is acccepted to the APA standard. The roo does look like Brown Red which I believe is an APA accepted color.

Thank you!

I'll get better photos soon, once they've calmed down a bit and their feathers aren't messed up from a long journey
tongue.png

Can't see the colors properly on these pics, but they are stunning.

Quote:
Correct, not an APA standard color - she is silver mixed with wheaten.

Many ongoing projects for new colors going around, they are still pure ameraucanas though
smile.png

They come from a line of Show Quality birds, from a guy who has been breeding them for over 50 years... he doesn't sell to people he doesn't know to keep the lines pure, he doesn't breed much so I was very lucky to get these two through my friend, who has been breeding BIS birds for decades. Woo!

Quote:
Correct, not an APA standard color - she is silver mixed with wheaten.

Many ongoing projects for new colors going around, they are still pure ameraucanas though
smile.png

They come from a line of Show Quality birds, from a guy who has been breeding them for over 50 years... he doesn't sell to people he doesn't know to keep the lines pure, he doesn't breed much so I was very lucky to get these two through my friend, who has been breeding BIS birds for decades. Woo!

Lets make a deal. I will call them Ameraucanas and go on with my business if you give me some of their chicks.
wink.png
tongue.png

If you could consistently reproduce pullets that looked like that I'd fly/drive to Canada for hatching eggs!

Stunning!!!!!!!!!! What a gorgeous pair of chickens. I bet you just sit and stare - I know I would if they were in my house.

Back
Top Bottom