Meet our new babies....img heavy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by homesteadinmama, Jul 27, 2011.

1. homesteadinmama

homesteadinmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Merrimack
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are 3 black swedish, 2 buff, 2 cayuga, 2 pekin and 2 chocolate runners! We have never had ducks, but man they are much fuzzier than baby chicks to hold. Gotta luv em!

2. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    so darn cute! they almost look not real [​IMG]

3. CMTSMWC

CMTSMWC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    Aww so cute! Little ducks are the cutest! Here are my cayuga babies, they are much bigger now but this is when they were babies.

[​IMG]

4. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    I have buffs, blue swedish, and a blue runner! I love them! Your babies are adorable!!! Where did you get them?

5. homesteadinmama

Mar 30, 2011
    Merrimack
    I love them as babies but really can't wait til they are grown running around quacking and laying eggs! I ordered from mcmurray hatchery.

6. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Ah, you will soon discover how disgustingly gross ducklings are. I forgot how messy they were. I have 11 ~2 week old Runners that were hatched by their momma. I am SO glad that they are outside. Still gross but MUCH easier than when I had the parents inside. It's still worth it.

Here are mine a few days ago
    [​IMG]

7. MrsKemmerlin

MrsKemmerlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Round O, SC
    I am completely mush for baby ducklings! [​IMG] Too, too cute!!!

8. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    I could put those on crackers and eat them for a snack they're so cute. I wish they could stay like that.

9. homesteadinmama

Mar 30, 2011
    Merrimack
    Yes, they are messy---water everywhere! But they are very entertaining. Anyone know how old they have to be to find out the sex?

10. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    If you know how, you can vent sex at any age. I do not know how. At ~2 weeks there are some of mine that I'm thinking may be boys as they are a good deal taller than the others. Otherwise, you can wait until they are about 2 months old (maybe) and sex by voice, ducks quack drakes make a raspy kind of noise. Otherwise, at 4-5 months they'll get their feathers all in and the boys will have a little curl on their tail. All of this depends though. Unless you know what you are listening for ( I didn't) it can be confusing at first.

Did you order straight run?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by