Meet our new babies!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sezjasper, Feb 23, 2013.

1. sezjasper

sezjasper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    If there's anything cuter than a baby chick, I just don't know what it is!! Welcome home to our new babies...left to right are Dorothy, Lola, Penny, Maggie & Bunny! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Crabella

Crabella Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Inland Pacific NW
    I just love little fuzzy butts... congrats!

now that spring is coming my new mantra is "I will NOT get more chicks, I will NOT get more chicks".... I already have 3 coops and I don't think the DH will understand if I start building a 4th... [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Congrats on your new babies! Enjoy them while you can! Seems like they hot the gangly awkward stage all too soon before they turn into handsome adults!

4. sezjasper

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    You'd better send someone else to the feed store, then...one look at those bins of little fuzzy butts and you're doomed...[​IMG] I'm already worried because we have to go back to the feed store tomorrow after work. My daughter had her heart set on a Silver Laced Wyandotte...and the store sold out...but they are getting more, tomorrow! So we are picking out one chick tomorrow. But...if we are getting a Silver, shouldn't we also get a Gold? Because the store is getting those tomorrow, too!! Uh oh...chicken math strikes again!!

5. sezjasper

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Oh I remember that stage from last year! Seemed like suddenly nobody was saying "aren't they cute" anymore! Poor babies! But they all turned out beautiful...except we did have one that turned out handsome [​IMG] so we had to find a new home for him. Hoping this year we have all girls!! [​IMG]

6. Crabella

Mar 22, 2010
    Inland Pacific NW
    Well, it won't be my fault if someone (or two, or three) go broody and I don't notice 'right away"..[​IMG]

7. sezjasper

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Of course it wouldn't be your fault! So easy to miss! I can see your innocence shining through, all the way over here on the east coast [​IMG]

8. Crabella

Mar 22, 2010
    Inland Pacific NW
    Well, my DH did score another shipping crate at work and bring it home. It must be a sign that he expects me to make use of it. After all, it would be a shame to have it just sitting around, taking up space and going unused.

9. sezjasper

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Absolutely. Building chicken coops out of shipping crates is a public service. Your husband is lucky to have you [​IMG]

10. Crabella

Mar 22, 2010
    Inland Pacific NW
    Ya, know... I keep telling him that. How many guys can get by with getting their wife a gift from Home Depot, Sears, Lowes and Harbor Freight and Not be in trouble. LOL... I have more power tools than he does. In the last 4 years I've built 3 small 'decks/landings', two large decks, a pump house, a storage shed, 2 chicken houses and revamped a playhouse. I had to have a little help man-handling the siding and sheets of osb and plywood. But with a little help from the dh, my sis and the occasional grandson, i got the jobs done (patting myself on the back). Not bad for an "over 50" woman with very minimal power tool skills (power drill only). and much Much more satisfying than housework.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by