*meet our new family member** pics update last post

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by annie3001, Dec 17, 2011.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    We went to visit the Connecticut human society this morning!! And we now are owners of a kitten (their last one too!!)) named socks!! She is so cuddly and cute!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG] Beautiful!

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats Andrea [​IMG]

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Beautiful kitty.Enjoy your time together.They are so much fun.Even my older cats still have so much spunk in them.

5. jenni22776rn

jenni22776rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    [​IMG] So sweet looking!! What a perfect christmas for her...finding a forever home!!

6. Yetti

Yetti Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks like he is thinking... " I have contempt for your camera..Leave me alone" [​IMG]

7. LyonFuzz

LyonFuzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    South Lyon, Michigan
    The cat who came for Christmas! What a nice thing to do for a homeless animal...and what an appropriate name with those little booty feet!

8. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    She (socks) had a wonderful night sleeping. SHe woke up and was purring and making noise. She even pooped in her litter box. I am so glad i went ahead and adpoted her. She really is our familys christmas gift.
    She was very playful this morning. Much more than yesterday. I think its all so new. she loves to be pet and was purring and wagging her tale. I have to take some new pictures, she was so sleepy in the photos.
    My dog molly loves her aswell. She slept by her cage most of the night. I cant wait for socks to run freely around the house, and go anywhere she pleases.
    I was thinking on putting her litterbox in the bathroom, is that where most people put them. I am so new to cats!! I am reading alot and i keep telling socks, how much (in a sweet gentle voice) how much we already love her and welcome home. [​IMG]
    My kids love her too, they put up a little extra stocking for her. (sweet).
    It broke my heart a little to go into work for 930 this morning, but after monday ill be home all week, so she will be loved so and getting alot of much needed attention. I know the shelters tell you a little about her past life, but i wish i knew more. Maybe i really dont need to, come to think of it. Shes only 6 months old, so shes got the rest of her life with our family. [​IMG]

9. Hunter0704

Hunter0704 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2011
    Wentzville, MO
    At first, with the newness and all you can put the litter box anywhere you want it...the bathroom as you suggested. However, after a while you may decide it's in the way.....so you might think of putting it on an enclosed porch, or in the basement with a kitty door so she can get to it. Unless you change the litter everyday and clean the container with bleach every few days, it will smell and that smell is not a good one.

She is such a pretty little thing and I'm sure your family will make her so happy! What a great Christmas gift!!

Best wishes to you and yours!

10. 4Hchickenproject

4Hchickenproject Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Beautiful kitty! She's so lucky to have you, and I know you'll enjoy her!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by