meet Pixie, the ??? bantam

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by technodoll, Dec 14, 2009.

1. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    Just got this little girl yesterday, no idea of what she could be mixed with or how old she is...

Any ideas?

Her skin and shanks/feet are very white, the camera didn't capture her colors very well thanks to the flash [​IMG]

She's small but feisty! Wants to fight everyone, yikes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Some of my sebright crosses came out with that feather pattern but the tail seems a bit longer than normal sebright hens.

3. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Looks like a millie fluer OEGB

4. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    Quote:That would be my guess, too. Although, depending on the age, you might have a "he" there instead of a "she." My hens were pretty late developing their combs, but my little roo....

5. Dustin Biery

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Might also be considered spangled by some. I am confident that is a female. My guess, she should be or is really close to laying.

6. technodoll

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    She is definitely a female, that much I know for sure.

I would have had all the information on her yesterday when I went to pick her up but if you saw the below thread, you'd understand why I didn't ask any questions at the time... [​IMG]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=275859&p=1

Pixie holds her big tail way up high, she's very confident and confrontational with dominant birds.

She's in a separate pen with my little 10-week old brahma pullet, they pretty much ignore each other.

Looking forward to hearing more opinions on what she is! [​IMG]

7. Dustin Biery

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Wow, I can only imagine. After reading that post, I would say that there is a possibility of her being a jap cross, but it would be down the line a ways, as she has white skin and shanks.

8. technodoll

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    Any chance she might be an OEGB?

Or a mutt?

She's quite aggressive with the other birds both male and female (she's fence fighting!), she's very small and has beautiful thick silky feathering.

No eggs yet, she only arrived last night and I don't know her age...

9. Dustin Biery

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Yeah, OEGB was my original guess. PS, I hope all turns out well for your friend and his family!

10. possumqueen

possumqueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Monroe, North Carolina
    oegb fur sure. the sebrights have a different comb, and you can't miss the attitude!

praying for the man and his family! Hoping for good news from you soon![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by