Meet Scout & His Ladies..Ameraucana Trio

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
They are only 11 weeks old, but time flies and soon, I'll be seeing blue eggs among the lovely shades of beige and brown. I wasn't going to keep a cockerel from the hatch, but they have the sweetest temperament and most soulful eyes. Here is my black Ameraucana cockerel, Scout, and his two blue ladies, Silver, the lighter one, and Charlotte. Poor Scout lost a few tail/saddle feathers today to an older woman-I turned them in together with the entire flock for the first true meeting without barriers. Their father is a gorgeous show quality black Ameraucana owned by a friend of mine and I think Scout will be the spitting image of him some day.
DCP_7511.jpg

DCP_7514.jpg

DCP_7495.jpg

DCP_7510.jpg

DCP_7508.jpg

DCP_7493.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Cynthia! He is BEAUTIFULL!! I could get lost in those eyes! Those are some beautifull gals as well. I love looking at all your chicken pics, seems you have quite a few lookers! Thanks for shareing.

Yes, Deb, it was the eyes that got to me, LOL. He had two blue brothers, as you may recall, and they went to their new home on Sunday, but I was just blown away by these five lovely Ameraucana specimens. Never, ever thought I'd be raising birds with muffs and beards, LOL.

Cynthia.....same here. I never thought I would ever raise anything "out of the normal" Now I have a polish....Ameracaunas...Silver Pheonix...White and black Langshans... Banty Frizzle Cochins...and one little lonely Faverol hen. Plus all the RIR/mix and the BO. Quite the mix...but I love em all! I have to say tho, the white Langshan hen is my far my fav gal. She is a lap baby, and coos to me as she fall asleep in my lap.

Beautiful Ameraucana's - especially your male. I didn't know they came in blue. Seems like I learn something new everytime I log on. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Back
Top Bottom