Meet the ARTS Flock

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Blueicebird, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Blueicebird

Blueicebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Watkins Glen
    ARTS = Americauna, Rhode Island Rocks, Terracauna and Silkies

Let me introduce Puck, my main man in the crew. He seems to be a gentlemen 90% of time and is on constant watch. He is also the only one who actually gets out of the pen. He is a mix breed of Rhode Island Red and Barred Rock
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    What a nice looking rooster. Good pic! [​IMG]

3. Blueicebird

Jul 12, 2011
    Watkins Glen
    This is Blondie. She is shy because for the first week in the crew she was in the hedge row behind the coop. She got out and didn't wanna come back. She is my only Americauna, but Definatly one of my favs.
    [​IMG]

This is Racheal, A Rhode Island Rock. I can't tell if she is a Roo or a Hen. But she is the meanest bird in the flock. If she is a he, he is def. doomed to the pot. She's only mean to the other birds and runs from me the fastest.
    [​IMG]

This is Sam and Finn, I believe both are Roos and I will not be keeping them. They just kinda blend into the flock. The little hen on the side is Cerci (name subject to change).
    [​IMG]

Brittany and Santana. My Khaki Campbells. I thought they were both girlies, but I think Brittany, the larger one, is a male.
    [​IMG]

A close up of Brittany
    [​IMG]

The Terra Trio, un-named yet.
    [​IMG]

The black chicka flashing her bum is Mercades. My second Hen from the Rhode Island Rocks.
    [​IMG]

4. Blueicebird

Jul 12, 2011
    Watkins Glen
    Leia's Chickens :

What a nice looking rooster. Good pic! [​IMG]

Why thank you! [​IMG] So excited for my first Flock.​

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Nice flock! I believe your mean hen is a roo. I love the name Santana. I had a horse named Santana-rode it all over Pinellas Park when I was kid.

6. Blueicebird

Jul 12, 2011
    Watkins Glen
    Quote:It is a very pretty name. And silly enough I got most of the Barred rocks names after Glee characters (Yes it was a phase. lol).

7. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Yes. Rachael is a roo. You can tell by that tail. Def. not a hen taiil.

8. Blueicebird

Jul 12, 2011
    Watkins Glen
    Then I def. know my other 3 are Roos too because they have those longer green wisps. They have not crowed yet, like Puck, but they have longer cape feathers and a few of those tail ones.

9. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    The pointy neck and tail feathers along with that green hue are sure signs. The green hue not as much because I have several hens with the same coloring, but in the tail feathers being so long, and the saddle being pointy is my clue. Then again, I'm no "expert". Just another lady who has had to rehome several roos.

10. Blueicebird

Jul 12, 2011
    Watkins Glen
    Those 3 red hens are called TetraTints, but I did a little research and they look more like Tetra SL. I like my name better, Terricauna. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by