Meet The Chooks! *WARNING: PIC HEAVY!

ThePolishPrincess

Songster
11 Years
Dec 29, 2008
Orange County, New York
Just went on a photo-spree and thought I'd get some pictures of the girls and guys for you all! Enjoy!

Meet the flock:

The ducks hanging out in the run.
Ducks1.jpg

Warhol, one of our origional birds. She's Polish mixed with something. We think her related half-sister is part Leghorn.
Warhol1.jpg

Nepolean, our tiny d'Uccle roo. He's still our angry leader wanna-be. (wink)
Nep2.jpg

This is Woodstock, my little Buff Brahma banty hen. She's been broody on and off for the last few months.
Woodstock.jpg

Woodstock3.jpg

This is the little pain in the rear end who's been beating the living stuffing outta me since he's decided to become my personal devil. Looks kind of demonic, no?
This is Dash. Fastest chook in the flock.
Dash2.jpg

But still very pretty, eh?
Dash1.jpg

This is Mary the Turken. I just call her The Turken, though. I think she's the only one with a brain that works nights AND weekends, if you know what I mean.
roll.png

Turk1.jpg

My little pride and joy, Tosca. She's my Polish hen's and deceased Sultan roo's daughter. Dash's half-sister.
Toss5.jpg

Her giving me some 'tude about the new chicken saddles I had to invest in. (Thanks alot for that, Dash! You're the only reason she needed them!) It's tie-die, though, so I don't understand why she complains about it! (lol)
Toss6.jpg

Toss4.jpg

Norma, our docile Columbian Wyndotte hen.
Norm1.jpg

Now Patty, the little Polish hen who I'll always be pround of! (And seem to mention in almost every thread.)

Her crest feathers DO freeze, I just have to keep an eye out for her, since she can't use her own.
wink.png

BadHairDay.jpg

Cae, our devil Silkie. Not much so say except that he's a monster. But he's my monster, and after our Sultan roo died, he became more friendly towards me. I'm no chicken therapist here, but was he jealous? He's much less angry now that I spend more time with the flock. Wierd.
Cae1.jpg

Group shot! As diverse as a flock can get! With differing sizes, colors, and even temperments!

(NOTE: not everyone was present in the blurry photo. I've still missed a few birds! Some aren't even in previous pics. I'll get them another day.)
BlurryGroupShot.jpg

I hope you enjoyed these!
big_smile.png

Thanks everyone! I love my flock. Everyone here has a story and isn't going anywhere any time soon. We've only had one casualty in the two years the flock has been around. I guess our 3 roos to 10 hens ratio has to do some good somewhere.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom