Meet the "Flockers"! :D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by JestersEye, Sep 14, 2009.

1. JestersEye

JestersEye Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Mullica Twp., NJ
    [​IMG]
    The gang's all here! These are all four of our Blue Orpington chickens, one rooster and three hens. In the front are Snow (white hen) and Shade (black hen), with Frost (splash rooster) and Sky (light blue hen) behind them. You can probably figure out which hen is which just by their names!

[​IMG]
    This is our splash rooster, Frost, from our flock of Blue Orpingtons. He's large and mighty, and a good protector for the flock... but he's been acting a bit too aggressive toward people lately. We're in the process of working to correct his bad behavior!

[​IMG]
    These are two of our Blue Orpington hens. The black one is named Shade, and the white one is named Snow.

[​IMG]
    This picture shows our Blue Orpington chickens. The light blue hen in the foreground is named Sky. She has the prettiest set of tail feathers of all the hens!

[​IMG]
    Here, the two rival roosters are giving each other the "stink eye" through the fence. Frost is obviously the alpha roo because of his larger size, but Cobalt feels confident to hold his ground... at least while he's on THIS side of the fence!

[​IMG]
    This proud gentleman is our Blue Andalusian rooster, Cobalt. He's busy crowing for his lady in this picture.

[​IMG]
    This picture shows Cobalt as he stands guard over his light blue hen, Sapphire. She's busy foraging for food, as usual, to support her one egg-a-day habit... You go, Girl! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is how Cobalt romances the ladies... See his fancy footwork and flashy wing position? He's dancing up to Snow through the fence to attract her to HIS flock, until Frost notices and puts a stop to his flirtations!

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    All I can say is [​IMG] and [​IMG]! They're gorgeous!

3. AmyBella

AmyBella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Western MA
    Meet the "Flockers"... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

They are beautiful and I love their nature/mineral inspired names!

4. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Your Orps are very nice, but I think Cobolt is just the bomb! [​IMG] Think I need to get me some of those blue babies! [​IMG]

5. JestersEye

JestersEye Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Mullica Twp., NJ
    Here are the two newest blues for Cobalt's flock.

[​IMG]
    "Kiss me!" These chicks appear to be gazing deeply into each other's eyes... ???

6. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Quote:[​IMG] Absolutely adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by