meet the newbie * update * 1 month old now

v.cyr

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2010
Greene, NY
21 days ago, we stuck 3 eggs under our bantie cochin Kooshball (she went broody on us, so we decided to let her try) this little nugget was the first one out(other eggs pipped, might hatch tomorrow)...

his daddy was our buff brahma roo, Rocky, and his momma was one of our BRxBO crosses... we call him Thor...
here he is with his adopted mamma Koosh...

Last edited:
What a darling New Year baby, my favorite breed too. Congrats. My hens have tried to hatch wood chips for months. Not gonna happen yet! Cold country here & I don't want pockets full of hatchlings ~ not yet.

What a darling New Year baby, my favorite breed too. Congrats. My hens have tried to hatch wood chips for months. Not gonna happen yet! Cold country here & I don't want pockets full of hatchlings ~ not yet.

we've got Koosh in a tote in the bathroom, since I seriously suspect our bigger hens would eat her... so her and the meepers should be fine...

little guy is fearless too.. my GF reached in to fill the feeder and instead of hiding under koosh, he pecked her hand...

make that newbies...

one of the other 2 eggs hatched( other one died in the shell
sad.png
)...
Rocky is still the daddy of this one, but its mamma apparently was our buff orp, Tiny...

Koosh is a great mamma, and dosen't seem too worried about us picking the kids up( as long as we don't reach under her to get them)..

and here is a couple of good profile shots of the two of them...

lil' Thor

and the new one

I think Goldy here is gonna take after mamma, color wise

So cute! You must have tiny hands cause those chicks look HUGE, LOL. I love the picture of the buff chick peeping out of mama's wing :)

they're my GF's hands, which are smaller than mine, but the meepers are pretty good sized... there daddy is a brahma,..

Back
Top Bottom