Meet the newest member of our family (pic)

thechickenchick

Born city, Living country
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Eaton, Colorado
7132_mocha.jpg

This is Mocha! My DH found her on Craigs list. She is a year old. Her left rear leg was amputated at 6 months. We get to pick her up next Sunday. I am very excited. She is a German short hair.
love.gif

Quote:
I didn't know that! That is great news. I lost "my" dog a year ago in May (to old age). There was just something about Mocha's story and her face that screamed "pick me!"!!

She's lovely! I have an all liver colored one. Beautiful dogs, they are. Very smart too. Dad uses Shiner for hunting, but I've taught her all sorts of parlor tricks.
smile.png
They're amazing family dogs, but when you want them to work, boy can they.

My brother has a GSP, his has the most friendly personality and is a huge goof ball with tons of energy. She looks adoreable- and I bet she doesn't even know she's missing that leg! (Well of course she knows, but you know what I mean
roll.png
)
hugs.gif
Good luck and please send more pics when you get her!!!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I will certainly post more pics when I get her home. This going to be a long week! The agreement between DH and I was that the next dog would be his hunting dog. But he thought she would be perfect for me. Her current owner says she is very smart and definitely has the instinct to hunt. She says you can't even tell she is missing a leg. She chases after everything from ATVs to butterflies, AND she swims!! So I think maybe she could be trained to hunt like MaggieRae said. It really doesn't matter though, she belongs here either way!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom