Meet the newest member of our family (pic)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by thechickenchick, Oct 12, 2009.

1. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    [​IMG]

This is Mocha! My DH found her on Craigs list. She is a year old. Her left rear leg was amputated at 6 months. We get to pick her up next Sunday. I am very excited. She is a German short hair. [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You'll love her. My Kes is half pointer. My neighbor had a wonderful male named Tex who died this year at the age of 15. They have a longer lifespan than most dogs that size.

3. thechickenchick

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:I didn't know that! That is great news. I lost "my" dog a year ago in May (to old age). There was just something about Mocha's story and her face that screamed "pick me!"!!

4. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    She's lovely! I have an all liver colored one. Beautiful dogs, they are. Very smart too. Dad uses Shiner for hunting, but I've taught her all sorts of parlor tricks. [​IMG] They're amazing family dogs, but when you want them to work, boy can they.

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Awww! She's beautiful! [​IMG]

6. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    My brother has a GSP, his has the most friendly personality and is a huge goof ball with tons of energy. She looks adoreable- and I bet she doesn't even know she's missing that leg! (Well of course she knows, but you know what I mean [​IMG]) [​IMG] Good luck and please send more pics when you get her!!!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  7. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    awwww she looks like a real sweat heart...

8. thechickenchick

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Thanks everyone! I will certainly post more pics when I get her home. This going to be a long week! The agreement between DH and I was that the next dog would be his hunting dog. But he thought she would be perfect for me. Her current owner says she is very smart and definitely has the instinct to hunt. She says you can't even tell she is missing a leg. She chases after everything from ATVs to butterflies, AND she swims!! So I think maybe she could be trained to hunt like MaggieRae said. It really doesn't matter though, she belongs here either way! [​IMG]

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Very pretty! [​IMG]

10. thechickenchick

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    The big day is tomorrow, at noon!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by