Megan's Law, rant about the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara

Title Needed Here
12 Years
Jun 25, 2007
at the covered bridge, PA
My neighbor is a registered sex offender. Living out here in the country means that all the people that live up the lane past my house have their mailboxes here at my house. This neighbor was arrested going to New York trying to meet up with a young boy he met online. The young boy was a police officer. I have two little boys. This neighbor looks at them, and waves at them which makes me very nervous. Don't get me wrong, they aren't outside unsupervised but still. My DH went to the PO to see if there was anything we could do, like having his mailbox moved. They said probably, but we needed to call the State police. DH did that today. Do you know what they told him? We can't do anything until he does something to one of them. Can you believe that? The only thing that we ourselves can do is tell him not to wave or talk to the boys. Who does the system protect? After he does something to one of my children it would be to late. I'm so mad.

Quote:
Um, if he's registered then he shouldn't be allowed to be within a certain amount of feet of where children live or play or go to school. I'd call the city administrator and explain the issue and ask to have the mailbox moved. The police can't do anything about HIM, but the city can sure as heck move the mailbox or give you permission to.

Good luck!
-Spooky

that wont work debi...you cant get a restraining order for past behaviors...sara....all i can tell you is PLEASE be very aware of this neighbor...please!...i cant get into it all here but..i know..ooh so much (too much!) about this stuff from my job..
hmm.png
....another thing you MAY be able to do is..call the sex offender registery board....give them a heads up that this guy is your neighbor and he IS waving at your children!...trust me...THEY will want to know this...ALSO..i bet he is on some kind of probation???...I KNOW he isnt supposed to try to be friendly with children..etc...its in his probation rules..i am sure.....so...again..call the state registry board..i can find a # for you if you'd like?...let me know...and again...your kids cannot be out of your site(not for a minute...)....espically with him waving at them and such...its a bad sign..., Wendy

Last edited:
Quote:
Um, if he's registered then he shouldn't be allowed to be within a certain amount of feet of where children live or play or go to school. I'd call the city administrator and explain the issue and ask to have the mailbox moved. The police can't do anything about HIM, but the city can sure as heck move the mailbox or give you permission

Good luck!
-Spooky

He can live by children..and thats scary!...but some states DO have laws that say they cant live within 500 Ft of a school or playground...

Last edited:
Quote:
Whatever suggestions/numbers you have I will gladly take. We are beyond mad that they would actually tell us that there is nothing that can be done unless he does something. I mean it's rediculous. I don't live near a city, could I call the township office?

Quote:
I dont blame you. And to your question "who does the system protect?" From what I see and hear and from past expieriences, Im a firm beliver it protects the criminals. And it makes so blame MAD!!!!
barnie.gif

I know how you feel. When I lived in my old town it was nothing but kids. Right down the road there is a gas station. One of the employees raped and murdered a 12 year old girl.

I hope you can work things out

call the offender board!..AND anyone else you can think of!!...BECAUSE he KNOWS..trust me....HE KNOWS he IS NOT supposed to have interaction with children...SO..waving at them...is very scary to me...i will look at some stuff i have here..AND talk with people at my job about this tomorrow for better ideas for you...i will PM you tonight with the registery #...also...check your local sex offender laws....they will be online...PMing you with a # now..., Wendy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom