melanistic pheasant

Athiena14

Crowing
5 Years
Feb 23, 2018
St. Robert MO
I have 5 eggs in the incubator that thier hatch date was yesterday. 2 pipped yesterday but are still in the egg with little progress. Should I be worried? First time hatching them and I went from 9 to 5.

what is your temps/humidity.....are you using accessory instruments that are calibrated. it can take 24 hours from pip to hatch in some cases so I wouldn’t get overly concerned yet. pictures may be helpful. Were the other eggs not fertile or early quitters? have you hatched pheasant before??

what is your temps/humidity.....are you using accessory instruments that are calibrated. it can take 24 hours from pip to hatch in some cases so I wouldn’t get overly concerned yet. pictures may be helpful. Were the other eggs not fertile or early quitters? have you hatched pheasant before??
100° and 65 was the settings. I am using calibrated instruments. This is my first time hatching. The others had 1 infertile and the rest quit at day 6 or 7.

I have 4 out of the 5 now hatched when I peaked just now. The 5th is halfway through the zip.

Although now I am worried about ones leg sticking straight back, it does look like it just hatched so hopefully its nothing
Melanistic's seem to have more development deformities than other pheasants. Leg and periotinitus seem to be the most prevalent.

Melanistic's seem to have more development deformities than other pheasants. Leg and periotinitus seem to be the most prevalent.
Is this something that I can fix? It goes under just fine until it tries walking.
20200812_201958.jpg

Is this something that I can fix? It goes under just fine until it tries walking.View attachment 2287937
I have never tried to correct that defect...I just cull when they are that badly deformed. Someone else might chime-in and be able to give you some advice on correcting it.

Back
Top Bottom