1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

melbourne australia..

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by hardmanzz93, Feb 3, 2011.

1. hardmanzz93

hardmanzz93 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2011
    so just spent the better part of two days making a really good mister system for my chickens...had 4 days of scorching 40 degrees days i figuered it was here to stay and should prepare and thanks to global warming and melbournes history no such thing terential rain starting at 7.30am... love it

2. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    I'd be so grateful for some sun right now [​IMG] My chickens have to cope with permanent frost bite [​IMG]

3. hardmanzz93

hardmanzz93 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2011
    i read alot about frostbite i cant imagine having to treat it all the time..the thunder has started now..i guess we are getting the aftermath of cyclone yasi that devastated Queensland

4. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Hopefully you won't get it as bad as they did [​IMG] My aunt lives near there but luckily it missed them [​IMG]

5. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    Now, when you say "40 degrees" and "scorching" in the same sentence, I assume you are talking centigrade. Just wanted to clear that up, otherwise some may think you are being funny! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by