Member from Boston suburb

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tom8301, Feb 17, 2016.

1. tom8301

tom8301 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2015
    Boston suburbs
    I have raise quail, Texas A&M, and brown coturnix quail for about 2 years in my garage. The reason I choose quail over chicken is quail require very small space, and you can keep them indoor such as garage.

2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I'm glad you are enjoying your quail! They sure are pretty, little birds!

We have lots of quail lovers here on BYC and I'm sure you'll fit right in! Here's a link to our quail section.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/48/quail

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi there and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard [​IMG]I hope that you have a little time now and again to share your experience as well as learn the odd bit here and there along the way. If you have hobbies other than quail, there's quite a few threads on a range of things, so you could take a pot-shot and type in a hobby / pastime and see if other BYC members enjoy the same.

All the best
    CT

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about quail (never had any), but definitely post on our Quail link that Mountain Peeps left with you and take advantage of our quail experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

6. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It must be handy to be able to keep your quail in the garage...sure would cut down on the weather issues.

It's nice to have you here!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    and protect them from predators. I have heard that many areas that do not allow chickens, will allow quail or guineas, so that is another PLUS. Good luck and [​IMG]

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

9. tom8301

tom8301 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2015
    Boston suburbs
    Thank everyone who welcome me, very happy joining BYC. I am busy now hatching quail chicks, lots of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by