Member Introduction

May 5, 2019
North Carolina
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I have had bantam chicken for almost a year but I am new to raising newly hatched chicks. I got my first chickens in May 2018.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Currently I have 7 one year old chickens and 7 chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Some of the breeds I have are the Malaysian Serama, Japanese Mottled, Brown Red, Silver Duckwing, Quail, and Crele bantams.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? My favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens are that they are fun to be around when letting them out to play and have their own personalities.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Some of my hobbies are bird watching, reading and darwing.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
As kids, my parents also had chickens and birds.We used to have parrots such as cockatiels and quails but later thought about having chickens.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

When I first got chickens, i had many questions. As I was looking up my questions on the internet, BYC had detailed answers to common questions about chickens. I have know about BYC for almost 2 years when we had quails and joined this year. I thought if I joined I would be able to ask questions and professionals and chicken owners. BYC was the perfect site for my concerns.:jumpy:jumpy:)

Back
Top Bottom