1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Member Web Pages?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Mac in Wisco, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
  2. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    I did find one here by using an old link that I found in one of my posts:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/wisconsin-layer-barn

I wasn't able to find this by checking my member profile or even searching the members pages by my user name. I'm not sure if there were other pages or not.

3. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
  4. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    Thanks, I figured how to do that. I thought it was strange that my user profile didn't link to those pages and when I did a general search of the pages using my user name it didn't come back with anything.

5. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    Not sure about the mechanics of the migration - member page/user profile specs - (sure Rob will know), can report that migration did alter the links, in many of my posts, in a manner that obscured their utility, unless the user knew how to strip the extraneous characters (appended during transition) from the link before clicking.

Your topics from 2007 on are listed. I seem to remember reading quite a few more of your topics (not posts in other's threads) than appear (though under the `Abilene' moniker). Probably seems that way as your info. was usually accurate and to the point.

Functioning of current iteration of BYC on Huddler platform seems pretty stable, at the moment, with more functions available than this `happy with the Vax terminal' fella will ever use.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by