membrame only

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Ms-T, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Ms-T

Ms-T Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2014
    Kent.UK
    hi could you help...my white star 11 mouths old stopped laying 11 days ago .and to day I found on the poop tray a membrain ,no egg in side.and no shell..any Idea whats going on with her..shes eating and drinking ..and being her happy self..thanks for reading..

2. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Young layers sometimes have glitches in their egg cycle. unless it continues to happen, I would not worry much about it. Most likely, you will get a regular egg from her any day now. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    I have one that has continued to lay shell less eggs. I often find them in the early morning and the other hens jump on the chance to clean them out. It is gross but they are eating the inside of the egg and often leaving just the membrane.
    I know mine has never laid a decent egg and never will (she is 3 now) I am culling her out because of it.

I however do agree with yours it is most likely a glitch and will correct itself.
    Just wondering if the others or even she could have eaten the inside and left the membrane.

1 person likes this.
  4. Ms-T

Ms-T Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2014
    Kent.UK
    I don't think so ..it was round'ish with the two sides stuck together no hole in it..hope it was just a glitch.will se what tomorrow brings...thank you

5. Acornewell

Acornewell Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2012
    LaOtto, Indiana
    Keep us posted!

6. Ms-T

Ms-T Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2014
    Kent.UK
    will do..[​IMG]

7. Ms-T

Ms-T Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2014
    Kent.UK
    Got another one today [​IMG] ,it was in between lays of poop..so its happening at night..

8. justplainbatty

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Her cycle is definitely off for some reason. How is the stress level in the coop, especially in the evening? Is she low in the pecking order? Do you have a way to isolate and monitor her?

9. Ms-T

Ms-T Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2014
    Kent.UK
    She the boss of the coop..not seen any thing that would be stressful ..she went into the nest box today for about an hour ..but nothing happened..shes eating and moveing about ok..really do not know what going on..the other two are fine..

10. justplainbatty

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Here are some things to read, hopefully helpful. http://www.gov.mb.ca/agriculture/livestock/production/poultry/weak-shelled-eggs-and-your-small-flock-of-laying-hens.html http://www.nutrecocanada.com/docs/s...-formation-and-eggshell-quality-in-layers.pdf [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by