Memorial Day Tribute

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Barnyard Dawg, May 26, 2008.

1. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    My wife and I just got back from the cemetery where we gave tribute to those who have served our country proudly and have made tremedous sacrifices so that we all can live in a free society, what a moving day, it makes you proud to be an American. Did anyone else attend a ceremony and honor those that have died for our country.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  2. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    I didn't attend a ceremony but we did our cemetery visits yesterday. And I made these, graphics are a hobby of mine. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Very beautiful chicknhawaii [​IMG]

4. LuckysMom

LuckysMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    South Carolina
    I put together a Memorial Day ceremony at the school where I teach. The kids sang patriotic songs, we had a guest speaker, and at the end we each placed a flag onto a styrofoam cross. We placed the cross outside the school for all to see. It was nice, and I'm glad the school stopped and thought about what Memorial Day means. It's not just the beginning of summer!

5. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    Quote:Beautiful

6. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    I attended a parade in the town where I live. Being on the internet so much I was very disappointed to see that Google didn't think that honoring those people who have served our country was worth a special image.

7. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    TYVM thechickenchick and Barnyard Dawg [​IMG] Got addicted to MySpace and all the sparklies so had to learn to make my own![​IMG] Much like getting addicted to chickens...[​IMG]

I agree with kees...it's shocking actually to see Google NOT have a special image for today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by