Memorial For Our Beloved Chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Lacey1988, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    I've noticed that alot of chickens have been dying either by getting eaten or illness.. so I made this to honor the chick chicks we have lost this year ...

I had three baby chick chicks that did not make it this year I didn't have them too long so it wasn't that hard on me
    My RIR Scarlett no.1 my cat got her after one week of having
    My two EEs killed by the heat and bugs

These two hit me the hardest because they were my two original and favorite ones [​IMG]
    Also it was sudden
    RIP
    Mr. Henry... Stupid fox took him
    [​IMG]
    RIP
    Lacey [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  2. ouracrybaby

ouracrybaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Wellsburg
    Great idea. RIP my little Nugget. You only lived 33 days, but you packed a lot of joy in that little bit of time.
    [​IMG]

3. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

RIP Zippy. I still miss seeing you come running up to me for your treats.
    [​IMG]

4. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    RIP Ichabod, you were the best rooster that anybody ever owned [​IMG] (I'm still getting over this one, it happened very recently)

[​IMG]

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    What beautiful babies... I have suffered losses as well and will post their pics when I get to my computer

6. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    I don't have any pics of either of the chicks that I lost....they were very dear to me.
    I find it strange that I don't have pictures of them...I have pictures of everyone else.
    RIP Little Baby Beepers (splay leg and internal health issues...lived 5 days...feed store rescue)
    RIP Penelopeep (born with a crooked beak...became very severe....had to be euthanized)

7. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

RIP Bru. She only lived for a short time,but she was a sweetie and loved everyone. She died because she was trampled. [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

RIP Fluffy. She was a sweet little angle who was a foster mom to one of the chicks,even though she was very young. Soon after we got her,a hawk attacked her. I miss her so much. [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

RIP Athena. Although she was wild,I still loved her. </3 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

RIP Moon. She was a very nice little lady,who loved being with her friends. I just wish she could have stayed longer with us. She died of impacted crop. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

RIP Speckles. He was very fiesty and fun to be around. :'(
    [​IMG]

RIP Salt. My roosters favorite lady,she was cute and funny. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RIP Bluester. He was very old,but loving towards his his ladies. Soon after he died,his brother,Jack took control. But he was nothing like Bluester. He may be gone,but Bluester's nephew and legacy now is the leader of the show pen.

[​IMG]g

RIP L.A. She was one of the first of our chickens to go to the chicken coop in the sky. She was my sister's favorite and was gentle,caring,and sweet. I don't remember much of her,since it's been a long time since she died,but every time I think about her,I cry. I wish she was still here. </3 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

RIP my little Mini. She was killed in a rat attack.

[​IMG]

I am so sorry for everyone's losses. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Mrs.brown

Mrs.brown Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    In a coop
    R.I.P.
    Autumn. Favorite chickie. used to go to sleep on my lap
    [​IMG]

9. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I think this song pays good tribute to all the birdies we've loved and lost:

10. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    it seems like its always the favorites that get killed [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by