Memorial

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by PA-mamahen, May 16, 2009.

1. PA-mamahen

PA-mamahen New Egg

Jan 11, 2009
    [​IMG] I lost Sherona last night. No terrorism-no predator-her body shows nothing but the result of a fall from the low perch. She probably didn't feel well enough to jump all the way up last night. I guess it's the way we'd all like to go, out enjoying the yard and fresh greens one day and gone in our sleep that night. No lingering, no invasive medical procedures.
    I had to have my little Georgia put down last week-a prolapse the vet tried but couldn't help her-and yes I paid for lethal injection. It's hard, but when you take responsibility for a life it's only right to give it the very best medical care you can, even if it's only "a three dollar chicken". As Antoine de Saint-Exupery wrote "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." Sherona was "just a chicken" as some people tell me but she was one of the sisters who bring me joy every day and she will be missed. I just wanted to remind everyone, in Sherona's name, that chickens are good people.

2. Cajunsamoan

Cajunsamoan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    [​IMG]

3. RedHead

RedHead Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    East Lake, NC
    I agree. [​IMG] so sorry for your loss

4. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Oh, I'm so sorry. Hope your other chickens are well. Sounds like you're a good "chicken parent" and your ladies were lucky to have you.

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Yes they are good people, and bring much joy into our lives. I'm sorry you have lost your sweet girl. [​IMG] Like you said, she went peacefully. Just to say, you're the best chicken mommy, keep it up.

6. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] so sorry that happened [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by