Memphis kissing the new frizzle **pic!**cute overload!!!!

Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Songster
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Indiana
This is my new frizzle that is polish. I was told it isn't technically a polish frizzle without the comb and what not. Oh well...we love her!!!Memphis kissing her.

8882_anniechickmay08_129.jpg

He likes to kiss the chickens. He doesnt like to hold them because their feet are "bleck!"

This is a pic of a snuggle puddle of my Mother's Day chicks that I hatched!!

8882_anniechickmay08_110.jpg

That is SOO cute! I have been looking at pictures of the frizzle, I am beginning to get the itch! (lol!) Okay, I don't want to try to tell anybody what to do, but one of the things the owner of the feedstore told me when I bought the chicks to make sure and never let them kiss on the chickens, and to make sure they washed their hands before they put them in their mouth, my youngest daughter is 15 months so I know how they are, but I am also a germ freak, but anyways just passing on what I was told.

love.gif

I kiss all my chickies (baby chickies smell good!) and I read in a medical journal (will post if I can find it again) that the reason kids get sick now is because most people are germaphobes, and do not let them get any exposure to the germs they would normally encounter in the environment. E.coli, is pretty much everywhere. The reason we never heard about people dying from it until lately is because there werent 1,000,000,000,000,000 hand sanitizers out there 10-15 yrs ago!! heck, my sister used to EAT dirt, by the spoonful!!!! she is fine!! I will look for that study, it was VERY interesting!! (my kids kiss my chickies too, they are fine!!!! o.k. they are strange like me, but healthy!!)
wee.gif

I wasn't trying to criticize anybody at all, that was never my intention. I used to not worry about germs, but this last year I found out that my 2 youngest have a deficency (I hate spelling) in their immune system, and this last winter was a hard on with all 7 kids, we kept passing around strep and the stomach flu. Now I make sure we wash our hands several times a day. My daughter keeps getting ear infections and the doctor told me that kids get them from the germs that enter through their mouth. But anyways I was just repeating what was told to me. I play with my chickens all time and let my kids.

I always kiss them and he loves to kiss them so much how could I say no to that cute face? Hels tough. He was breast fed and has an amazing immune system. He has never been sick. I on the other hand am sick all the time. The only time I wasnt was when I was pregnant with him. I guess he was sharing his good immune system with me.
wink.png

Yea brastfeed really does help. We didn't know that my daughter had a problem with her immune system until I stopped breastfeeding. My first son I breastfeed and he has always been healthy.

I tease my mom about making me sick by not breast feeding me. It really does make a difference. My son is healthy as a horse. He is really enjoying helping with the chickens. Whenever I turn the eggs he asks "Chick chicks?" I have to tell him no not yet they are still just eggs. Then he makes a mad face and walks off.

Back
Top Bottom